Lead clicks the same link an email multiple times is creating multiple tasks in Salesforce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead clicks the same link an email multiple times is creating multiple tasks in Salesforce?

We have a campaign in Marketo that looks to see if a Lead clicks one of a number of particular links in an email. If they click one of these links then this triggers a task to be created and assigned to the appropriate Sales team member.

We have had a case where the same lead has clicked the same link multiple times and consequently created multiple tasks. I do not want to schedule the campaign to only let each lead run through once (because there are a number of links within the campaign that qualify a lead and would correctly create multiple tasks) but I want to avoid the same link creating multiple tasks -any ideas? I can see a constraint "Min. number of times" within my Trigger filter but I can't find any articles that explain how this works?

Thanks

Carey  
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead clicks the same link an email multiple times is creating multiple tasks in Salesforce?

Another way to think about this is to trigger based on Smart Lists memberships. Instead of creating one trigger campaign, you would create the following:
  • a smart list that has everyone who clicks on that link
  • a trigger campaign that fires anytime someone becomes a member of that smart campaign.
The benefit of this combo is that the trigger will fire only after the first click on the link, and all subsequent clicks will no longer create the task for the rep because that contact is already a member of the smart list.

Make sense?

To take this further, you could create multiple smart lists for multiple links, and then even use this information in your subsequent campaigns because you now have a list of contacts interested in specific pieces of content.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead clicks the same link an email multiple times is creating multiple tasks in Salesforce?

This makes a lot of sense thanks very much Grant!

Kind Regards

Carey 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - if this answers your question - can you mark it as Solved?