Re: Lead Attribution for Nurture Campaigns

Michael_Martin1
Level 1

Lead Attribution for Nurture Campaigns

My organization tracks lead and opportunity attribution by marketing channel - i.e. events, webinars, advertising, etc. has its own lead and opportunity quota. We now need to figure out the same for nurture campaigns.  (we do last-touch opportunity attribution)

Currently, we treat nurtures as their own lead source. However, any person that submits a form for gated content in a nurture sequence is now attributed to 'content' rather than the nurture itself.

Any insight as to how people out there attribute leads & opps to nurtures?   Are content downloads from your nurtures attributed to content or the nurture program itself?  Again, we use last-touch attribution.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Shailendra_Pra1
Level 2

Re: Lead Attribution for Nurture Campaigns

Hi Michael,

I might need some more clarity on how you are currently doing attributions for the leads and ops and also if you are doing or planning to do it separately for Nurtures? 

Traditional attribution is done for channels like paid search, paid social, events, webinars etc. and nurtures are generally left out. For content downloads from nurtures, leads should be attributed by the program so the email marketing folks also get their credit. Since you are using last-touch attribution model, I would recommend you to switch to W-Shaped model for tracking which nurture program is performing better and also to understand which source is the driving factor for the first touch.

Let me know if anything is unclear or any other details are needed.

Regards,

Shailendra