Re: Large Smart List to suppress - Schedule Error

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Large Smart List to suppress - Schedule Error

I'm getting an error when forecasting my send-to list for an email I created.  We recently wanted to start suppressing a lot of the free e-domain users, but to accomplish that required a list of 3600+ domain names.

Now, when I go through my Smart Campaign (or even a smart list for that matter) I'm getting errors.  If I break the 3600 into smaller ~1000 list will that ease the issue?  Any best practice advice?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recommend opening a support ticket about this issue. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having a similar issue. We're trying to suppress several thousand contacts from a specific group of email campaigns, so we don't want to blacklist them. I created several 'suppression' lists filtered based on company name and choose not to include members of these lists in the smart list for the email campaign. 

It would be much more efficient to create the 'suppression' lists based on email domain, or based on email address containing '@company.com'. When I tried this, the email campaigns would just keep processing the total counts in the 'Schedule' tab, as if it timed out. 

Did you find out any information from support?
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yes and no - it turned out we were on a slightly older server with Marketo and we were scheduled for a migration to a newer one - luckily for me this happened within days of opening this thread.  Since then I have not had any issues with my lists, which are also thousands of edomains.  Slow is understandable, but they do finish.  Best of luck!