Landing Page Looks Great in every browser BUT IE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing Page Looks Great in every browser BUT IE

Hello..I'm a little sad that my wonderful landing page looks great in all other browsers but IE...I work primarily in Chrome so I created my landing page in Chrome. My team members also work primarily in Chrome, others in Firefox as well. When we went to preview the landing page in these browers, everything looked great.

http://pages.trainace.com/onlinetraining.html

However, imagine how I felt when I went to preview the same landing page in internet explorer...and it looked HORRIBLE! I'd love to know a workaround for this issue. I'm not sure if redoing the landing page in Internet Explorer will be any good as it may mess up the orientatin within Chrome?? 

Please advise! 

Internet Explorer 
0EM50000000Ri6G.jpg

CHROME

0EM50000000Ri6L.jpg
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Landing Page Looks Great in every browser BUT IE

I don't know exactly how you lay out the elements in Design Studio. Looking at the source code I find the code that populates the logo on the top left corner and the social media buttons are pretty messy. I also notice the header in IE is a lot taller than in other browesrs.

Try this:

1. Delete the logo and it's containing element in Design Studio. (if you have access to the source code, copy & paste the code in a notepad to save time later)
2. Delete the social media icons and their containing element in Design Studio.
3. Run the page in IE and see if everything is back to their proper position without the logo and social icons.
4. Add the logo back to the page, run it in IE to see how everything looks.
5. If everything looks in step 4, add the social media buttons back to the page.

The idea is to isolate the problem to find out what's breaking the page in IE. I can tell you it's how the logo ad social icons were added to the page, but I don't know exactly how, hopefully the steps above can help you figure out. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Desmond! Turns out I'm such anti-IE user that I was using the IE version 9...super ancient! My supervisor actually viewed the same page in IE 11 and everything looked fine. Thanks again for the solution though 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am glad it worked out for you. It's funny you say that. I was in a fire drill today because I received request from multip high profile clients saying things seem off on a landing page. Turns are they are either on IE8 or IE7. I don't even have a machine that old for testing before I lauched it. lol.