Known leads activity bug

Anonymous
Not applicable

Known leads activity bug

Has anyone else experienced this? My sales team clicks on the http referrer on a known leads activity report and the following problem happens.

1. I click on the HTTP Referrer

2. My browser picks up a cookie or something

3. I land on any page after that and every form on our website auto-completes as the Lead’s info (name, email, location)

4. Each page I visit for the rest of the day is being logged as a visit by that Lead

This is making all of the leads activity inaccurate.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Known leads activity bug

That is not a bug. That is just how cookies work. 

The HTTP referrer contains a tracking code that is unique for the lead. It is like an ID card or Social Security Number.

The browser sets a cookie containing the unique ID and starts tracking as the original person.

That is not specific to Marketo. Yahoo! Mail or GMail users have the option to completely logout or leave the cookie active for two weeks or so. Most web applications do that. Banks tend to avoid for fair security reasons.

Please clear your cache and cookies to stop being tracked as someone else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm running into the same issue.  Is there a way to delete the activity that was incorrectly tied to the lead?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The activity remains linked to the tracked lead because it was associated by cookie id.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,  I understand that.  I was wondering if if there is a way to delete items in a leads Activity History if we know it is incorrect.