SOLVED

Issue syncing Marketo Program with Existing Salesforce Campaign

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue syncing Marketo Program with Existing Salesforce Campaign

I am unable to sync an engagement program with an existing campaign in Salesforce. I receive the error message that statuses do not match, but I do not know how to change the status of a campaign within Salesforce. Any insight you all can provide will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Re: Issue syncing Marketo Program with Existing Salesforce Campaign

Hey Briona,

To update the statuses in Marketo you can go to Admin>Tags>Channel and choose the channel that your program is associated with. You could update the "Email" channel to have statuses of "Sent" and "Responded". However, like Loren recommended, I would suggest using more detailed statuses in Marketo then adjusting the Salesforce campaign statuses to match. Here is an example:

Marketo

pastedImage_0.png

Salesforce

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Loren_Posendek
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hi Briona, you can change the SFDC campaign member statuses by clicking within the 'advanced setup' in a SFDC campaign. From there, you can identify the default/responded SFDC campaign member statuses. You'll also want to ensure that the campaign member statuses match the Marketo Program statuses. More information here - How to Match Program Statuses and Salesforce Campaign Statuses Prior to Sync - Marketo Docs - Produc...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Loren,

Thank you for that! In Salesforce the member status values are: Sent-Responded and Responded- Default. My questions now is how can I replicate that within my Marketo program status?

Loren_Posendek
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hi Briona, you can edit and/or create new a new Channel with the appropriate Program Status by visiting the Marketo Admin section. Navigate to the Admin section, the click on 'tags' and it'll show the hierarchy of your channel with all of the appropriate programs that channel applies to. From there, you can adjust the statuses. Step by step documentation here - Create a Program Channel - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Briona,

To update the statuses in Marketo you can go to Admin>Tags>Channel and choose the channel that your program is associated with. You could update the "Email" channel to have statuses of "Sent" and "Responded". However, like Loren recommended, I would suggest using more detailed statuses in Marketo then adjusting the Salesforce campaign statuses to match. Here is an example:

Marketo

pastedImage_0.png

Salesforce

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much Trevor! I was able to update statuses of Marketo and Salesforce. I'm not sure why the sync is still isn't working.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Briona,

Do you have the Salesforce campaign selected under setup at the program level in Marketo?

pastedImage_3.png

If so, have you tried updating the program status to match the activity/status that you want to track?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

What error message are you getting if the sync isn't occurring?

Thanks!

Trevor