SOLVED

Is there an over-arching command that prevents a list uploaded into Marketo from syncing to Salesforce

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an over-arching command that prevents a list uploaded into Marketo from syncing to Salesforce

I don't even have a program right now that says sync to Salesforce, but leads seem to be getting synced anyway. is there a way to protect a list?

Thanks,
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Is there an over-arching command that prevents a list uploaded into Marketo from syncing to Salesforce

The first thing you'll need to do is identify what's causing the leads to sync. If you have activated the campaign inspector from the treasure chest in Admin, you'll be able to quickly check all your active campaigns and find which have Sync actions.

Once you've identified those, you can add conditions to prevent a sync. For instance, I have a "Suppress From SFDC" list that I use. So in my Sync to SFDC campaign, there's a filter that is "Member of List = False" and I specify my suppression list.

Then, I always upload these new leads into that list first, then, if necessary, I'll upload them again into a different list. But as long as they go into the suppression list first, they won't sync.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Re: Is there an over-arching command that prevents a list uploaded into Marketo from syncing to Salesforce

Hey Bentacular,

Have a look at this article. There are several actions that will cause Leads to sync over even if you have the campaign sync turned off.
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

The first thing you'll need to do is identify what's causing the leads to sync. If you have activated the campaign inspector from the treasure chest in Admin, you'll be able to quickly check all your active campaigns and find which have Sync actions.

Once you've identified those, you can add conditions to prevent a sync. For instance, I have a "Suppress From SFDC" list that I use. So in my Sync to SFDC campaign, there's a filter that is "Member of List = False" and I specify my suppression list.

Then, I always upload these new leads into that list first, then, if necessary, I'll upload them again into a different list. But as long as they go into the suppression list first, they won't sync.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

The best way to prevent leads from syncing from salesforce is not assigning them. 

The won't sync over utnil they have a lead owner or they are assigned to a Que.

Good luck!

-Ryan