Is there a way to randomize the start of a nurture email stream?

Parker_Pearson
Level 2

Is there a way to randomize the start of a nurture email stream?

Hi - I am getting ready to move my nurture messages out of the old way of doing things in Marketo, and use the new Nurture stream feature in Marketo.  I've been running some tests - LOVE that new feature.  My only challenge is that I'd really rather not have everyone all of a sudden on the same cadence. 

Is there some way that Marketo can randomize a "shotgun start" to my nurture campaign?  I have 7K contacts who will be getting these messages, and having them all on the same schedule is hell on my email when I get the Out of Office responses. 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to randomize the start of a nurture email stream?

Seems like you want to keep it standard. Based on how buyers respond better during specific day/time parts. With that said this can be done but I think the engagement program is a great way to simplify content marketing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to randomize the start of a nurture email stream?

Parker,

You can always add people to the campaign in batches. You could approach it by geography, by time since last communication, by their lead status, etc, etc. You could even batch them by first letter of their last name (that's pretty random).

If you truly wanted randomness, you could create a smart campaign with the smart list of everyone who is NOT part of the engagement program. Then in the flow step you can pick random 10% (or higher depending on the #'s) of the list, and send them to the engagement program. Then add a wait step of a few days, then add 10% more, and so on.

Hope that makes sense and is helpful.