Is there a way to find which browser is used by a particular lead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to find which browser is used by a particular lead?

Is it possible to find which browser & device a lead uses? This is especially important when I get replies to my email campaigns saying that a lead was unable to fill out a form on a MArketo landing page. So I'd like to know if there is a way to find out which browser & device was used by the lead when the lead visited the landing page.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to find which browser is used by a particular lead?

Hi Sid,

Although it is not written to the lead record, the lead's user agent string is recorded as part of Visit Web Page and Fill Out Form activities (and maybe others; feel free to add to that list).

You can see this by double-clicking on a Visit Web Page entry in the Activity Log, and viewing the detail popover. See the screenshot below for an example.

0EM50000000Sk4M.jpg

This user agent string does identify the lead's browser, but it is pretty clunky. There's a huge variety of user agent strings, and there's a lot of information in there. Pasting the whole thing into http://www.useragentstring.com/ can yield some insight, though.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to find which browser is used by a particular lead?

Hi Kyle, thanks for replying. I could locate the user agent string in the visit web activity.