SOLVED

Is 'Remove From Flow' step based on all-time activity?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is 'Remove From Flow' step based on all-time activity?

Hi Marketo Community,

The documentation on the community page does not answer my question:

I would like to know if using the 'Remove From Flow' flow step is based on the lead's current activities generated from the current flow it is in OR is it based on all historical activities it has had?

For example, if I said:
  • Remove from Flow if Campaign Was Requested is Campaign A.  What would happen if:
    • ​Campaign A was called in a previous flow step in the same flow?
    • Campaign A was called LAST WEEK in a different flow?
    • Campaign A was called LAST WEEK in the same flow (lead can flow through campaign everytime)?
Thanks for reading!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is 'Remove From Flow' step based on all-time activity?

Any activity criteria you add to each Choice in the Remove from Flow action (e.g. Visited Web Page, Clicked Link, etc.) will apply to all time, not just the time that the lead was in the flow of the smart campaign.  You can add additional filters with Date of Activity constraints to the smart list of the smart campaign, but this may exclude others that you want to include in the smart campaign.  The other option is to create a separate smart list with those filters and constraints and then your Choice in the Remove from Flow flow action would be "If Member of Smart List is xxxx".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any activity criteria you add to each Choice in the Remove from Flow action (e.g. Visited Web Page, Clicked Link, etc.) will apply to all time, not just the time that the lead was in the flow of the smart campaign.  You can add additional filters with Date of Activity constraints to the smart list of the smart campaign, but this may exclude others that you want to include in the smart campaign.  The other option is to create a separate smart list with those filters and constraints and then your Choice in the Remove from Flow flow action would be "If Member of Smart List is xxxx".
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit:  Thanks for confirming Elliott

If anyone was curious, I ran a test with two campaigns where Campaign A would run on a lead, then Campaign B would be called and the lead would be removed from Campaign B's flow if there it requested Campaign A.  I then proceeded to request Campaign B once more, and the lead was still removed from Campaign B's flow despite being a separate instance.