SOLVED

Is Multi-Touch meant to only look at marketing initiatives and efforts?

Go to solution
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Is Multi-Touch meant to only look at marketing initiatives and efforts?

Questions:

1. Is Multi-Touch meant to only look at marketing initiatives and efforts?  I ask because we have a lead source of rep generated.  This is not a marketing effort or initiative obviously but we will want to have a channel for it because we can acquire new leads through that "channel".

2. Would you make that channel have a success so it would be attributed credit in both the FT and MT sense or would you not mark a success status so it is excluded from MT?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Is Multi-Touch meant to only look at marketing initiatives and efforts?

HI Nate,

This is a really good question. Although I do not feel there is a perfectly unique and right answer to this, I tend to say that:

• Fot MT, the sales touches should not be counted, unless you can count them all, which is very unlikely (for a start, a significant part of the Sales touches will be in Outlook, not in the CRM...)
  • For FT, on the other end, these sales sources have either to be counted, or the related oppies should just be ignored. If you ignore them for FT, you will still have to be able to compare Marketing FT to total pipeline / revenue, but you do not need sales touches for this, just the lead source field.

-Greg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Is Multi-Touch meant to only look at marketing initiatives and efforts?

HI Nate,

This is a really good question. Although I do not feel there is a perfectly unique and right answer to this, I tend to say that:

• Fot MT, the sales touches should not be counted, unless you can count them all, which is very unlikely (for a start, a significant part of the Sales touches will be in Outlook, not in the CRM...)
  • For FT, on the other end, these sales sources have either to be counted, or the related oppies should just be ignored. If you ignore them for FT, you will still have to be able to compare Marketing FT to total pipeline / revenue, but you do not need sales touches for this, just the lead source field.

-Greg