SOLVED

Is it possible to use a token within a token?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to use a token within a token?

Curious - can you use another token as the default value for a token?  Does anyone have any experience with this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to use a token within a token?

I have experience. no a token inside of a token won't render. The token rendering process is only a 'single pass'. So if you have a nested token it will only display the token values. I am certain of this for emails, i haven't tested on landing pages.

My recommendation is not to nest tokens.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have experience. no a token inside of a token won't render. The token rendering process is only a 'single pass'. So if you have a nested token it will only display the token values. I am certain of this for emails, i haven't tested on landing pages.

My recommendation is not to nest tokens.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, Adam's right. Earlier this year, I built out a fully-tokened roadshow Program right around the same time I first saw Inception, so I came in one day super-excited about the potential of tokens inside of tokens inside of tokens. Needless to say, that idea collapsed upon itself rather quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding to my wish list this holiday season 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I just built a handful of templates with lot's of hot token in token action before I thought to actually test that it would work...  No cigar.