SOLVED

Is it possible to spread random emailings over a period of time?

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Is it possible to spread random emailings over a period of time?

hello,

we have a dynamic list that we would like to target for a product testing campaign. However, in order to be sure that product will handle the volume of requests, we would like to split randomly in a series of small lists that we'll target on different days. So to recap we would like to send 1/10 of list A on day 1, 1/10 of list A on day 2, 1/10 of list A on day 3... until day 10. Is it possible? How should we proceed?

Cécile @ Talend
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to spread random emailings over a period of time?

Yes. I dont see smart lists going very well with this, but maybe you have a field you can use to split your master list even further that would allow you to create 10 different smart lists.

You need a way to be able to call out each segement in your email flow and control send time. You can either do multiple smart campaigns or one that usees "Add Choice" with your lists and wait periods in between.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chunk your list into 10 different lists with random sample.

You can then either build out 10 different smart campaigns to send on different dates or play around with wait steps in the flow to control how leads are sent an email.

Either should work, up to you.

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

@ Tim: when you say "Chunk your list into 10 different lists with random sample." you mean I should use random filter to create 10 LISTS (vs. smartlists)?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I dont see smart lists going very well with this, but maybe you have a field you can use to split your master list even further that would allow you to create 10 different smart lists.

You need a way to be able to call out each segement in your email flow and control send time. You can either do multiple smart campaigns or one that usees "Add Choice" with your lists and wait periods in between.