Re: Is it possible to send an email to someone that has a specific Contact Role under their Account in Salesforce?

Anthony_Pica
Level 4

Is it possible to send an email to someone that has a specific Contact Role under their Account in Salesforce?

We would like to send an email to all contacts that have a specific contact role under their Account. But when I try to use the Role constraint on the Send Email fowstep, I don't see any options: http://screencast.com/t/btV5fzlGQOEy

We want to see an email to all contacts that have the "Billing" Contact Role.

Note: this is not in regards in Contact Roles for Opportunities. It's Contact Roles for Accounts. Does Marketo support this?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anthony_Pica
Level 4

Re: Is it possible to send an email to someone that has a specific Contact Role under their Account in Salesforce?

I logged into Salesforce as the Marketo sync user and I was able to see the Contact Roles related list under Accounts, so the Marketo sync user does have visibility to Contact Roles.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Anthony,

You can use the "Was Added to Opportunity" filter to find the role. I would use that filter and set it to "Opportunity: is any" and "Date of Activity: on or before *TODAY'S DATE*". Then, add the "Role" Contstraint. Don't worry that if you click the dropdown and no values appear. Just type in "Billing" (or however it appears in SFDC). This should get you the list you are looking for. As always, I would double check a few names to ensure.

Hope that helps!
Anthony_Pica
Level 4

Thanks for the response, Jeff. This is in regards to Contact Roles on Account though, not Opportunities.

But does your "Don't worry that if you click the dropdown and no values appear." apply for Accounts as well?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anthony, did you ever find a solution to accessiing the Contact Role on the Account level?
Anthony_Pica
Level 4

Not yet unfortunately.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doees anyone have a work around for using account contact roles? Would love to know if there's SF voodoo that could be done to translate the account contact role to the contacts...
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi All,

You can't use contact role directly within a flow step choice.  Once you have the sync enabled for this object, you can assemble a smart list for each role type which you want to utilize via Has Contact Role and then use the Member of Smart List choice to reference these smart lists for your choices.