Is it a good best practice to use the "Is Anonymous" filter false in smart campaigns?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is it a good best practice to use the "Is Anonymous" filter false in smart campaigns?

To ensure our smart campaign flows run efficiently as possible, is it a best practice to include the "Is Anonymous" = FALSE in the smart list so that only those known leads run through flows where we're changing program status, adding to engagement programs, and changing various data values that align to our lead lifecycle?  Or is it best to leave this filter off the smart list and let Marketo determine whether or not someone can run through a flow?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it a good best practice to use the "Is Anonymous" filter false in smart campaigns?

I think any efficiency gains would be wiped out by worrying that I missed someone. I've never added that filter, and never seen it in any official Marketo training...so I would leave well enough alone. I appreciate the desire for more speed though 🙂
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is it a good best practice to use the "Is Anonymous" filter false in smart campaigns?

Hi Dan,

Marketo automatically skips adding anonymous leads to programs and changing their status within a program.  If you view the smart campaign that adds leads into your program, you will be able to see in the Results tab the skipped steps for anonymous leads.

-Val
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use it to get a better idea of how many people the campaign is being sent to. I made this mistake earlier on where I was reporting # sent when it was including anonymous leads.