Is Forms 2.0 Embedded into an outside page not supported by IE8?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Forms 2.0 Embedded into an outside page not supported by IE8?

I have a new form we are using on a webinar page for people to register. We used the Marketo embedded way to do it. Does marketo forms 2.0 not support IE8 anymore? The form will show up but when using IE8 it asks if we still want to run the script and when we say yes it times out. It also does the same thing if we press no.

Any work arounds for this issue would be great.

Thanks!
-Marcy-

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Forms 2.0 Embedded into an outside page not supported by IE8?

Looks like it's more than an IE8 issue. We're running into the same thing on IE7, 8, 9 &10. Is there any sort of work-around or bug fix?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. I have tested it IE9 and IE10 I didn't have any issues but its nice to know I am not the only one having the issue with IE8.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I think that we are having the same issue as well.  I have tested it across chrome, firefox and IE9 and cannot recreate this issue but others are experience the problem where upon submitting the form there is hanging and then an error message and we do receive the submitted information.

Bug fixes?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and put this problem into support. Looks like Marketo Forms 2.0 is not supporting IE very much. Below is the response I got. I understand why Marketo does not want to support IE as a developer I don't either but hopefully they understand that LOTS of people still use IE lower versions.

Working for a big company that won't allow us to upgrade past IE9 makes using Forms 2.0 very difficult for us. 

My name is James.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Marketo is not supporting IE 8 with forms 2.0. The alternative is to use Firefox, or Chrome, or to update to IE 11 at this time.

Thank you,
James Zeigler

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

And it's not like we can have our site visitors download alternative browsers just so they can engage with our landing pages.  I understand that Marketo does not support even newer versions of IE (such as IE10) - and we, as users, can use alternate browsers.  But this is completely different when it's not supported for our end-users/visitors.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I think there was some confusion around the response on us supporting IE8.

Though we officially have ended support for all versions of IE prior to IE9 for our own interface, but for functionality that your leads interact with, we will continue support older browser versions.  We fully undersatnd that you can't control how your leads interact with your Marketing content.

Our devs are actively tracking an issue we've found with the new forms around versions of IE prior to IE9.  Once things are resolved, I'll provide an update on this thread.

Thanks,

Jason
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. Eagerly awaiting the update on this by Marketo
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason, do you have any upgrade on this?

"Our devs are actively tracking an issue we've found with the new forms around versions of IE prior to IE9.  Once things are resolved, I'll provide an update on this thread."

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious as well... my Forms 2.0 embedded form is broken in IE7. None of the styles I set through Marketo are showing up.