SOLVED

Internal distribution list

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Internal distribution list

Hi, has anyone out there used an internal distribution list email address to send a campaign? I'm trying to make sure some of our client-facing teams are in-the-know about what we're sending to our clients, but when I use our distro list, (for example, tech_support@company.com), nobody seems to get the email. I made a My List with those addresses. I'm stumped.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Internal distribution list

I always keep my internal distribution list saved in my lead database. For every send, I have an additional smart campaign with a cloned version of the email, and mark it as operational. Since implementing this strategy, I haven't had any deliverability issues to the operational list. The only nuance is that it does require attention to detail to implement this approach. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Shannon, have you looked at the lead record for tech_support@company.com to see if there's a specific reason they aren't receiving the email? They might be blocked because they're on a supression list of some type, or maybe they've reached their daily/weekly communication limits? The communication limits is a common issue if you're trying to send them every email that you send out. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always keep my internal distribution list saved in my lead database. For every send, I have an additional smart campaign with a cloned version of the email, and mark it as operational. Since implementing this strategy, I haven't had any deliverability issues to the operational list. The only nuance is that it does require attention to detail to implement this approach.