SOLVED

Integrating product usage data into nurturing marketing

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Integrating product usage data into nurturing marketing

Hello - for our Marketo pilot, we are planning to integrate and use product usage data to trigger different nurturing messages (e.g., send message A if they use certain features; send message B if they use different features), with the goal of driving higher usage. We'd be interested to hear from Marketo users how technically you instrumented your products and then how you got the information into Marketo.  Thanks in advance. 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Integrating product usage data into nurturing marketing

I've talked to a bunch of customers who do this, and in general I tend to see the following approach:
  • Create a set of custom fields corresponding to key usages (Features enabled, certain counts, other relevant metrics)
  • Instrument the code such that the required data is available within your software on the back-end
  • Use the SOAP API to setup a background push nightly (or hourly) to update those fields, usually based on the lead's email address
  • Build campaigns that trigger on or otherwise use those fields
Munchkin and URL tracking can be done too, but I tend to think you're better served using SOAP and key indicators as lead fields.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andrew - good question - I'm anxious to hear other's recommendations. For online or cloud products, that will be fairly straight forward as you can monitor on a per URL basis.

For physical products it becomes a bit harder - as you are going to need to get the individual associated with Munchkin.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've talked to a bunch of customers who do this, and in general I tend to see the following approach:
  • Create a set of custom fields corresponding to key usages (Features enabled, certain counts, other relevant metrics)
  • Instrument the code such that the required data is available within your software on the back-end
  • Use the SOAP API to setup a background push nightly (or hourly) to update those fields, usually based on the lead's email address
  • Build campaigns that trigger on or otherwise use those fields
Munchkin and URL tracking can be done too, but I tend to think you're better served using SOAP and key indicators as lead fields.