SOLVED

Initial Batch for Smart Campaign

Go to solution
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Initial Batch for Smart Campaign

Sometimes I activate something after the fact and I end up setting up a trigger sc to monitor moving forward, but it would be nice if I could include some criteria for the initial activation that would run some leads through the same sc flow. Somewhat like setting up a filter in Gmail; when you activate it it asks if you want to include the existing matches from your inbox as well...   Gregoire Michel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Initial Batch for Smart Campaign

Not quite exactly what you're asking for, but you can run a batch with your criteria, then swap your activity filter for the matching trigger and then activate it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI JD,

YOu can do this simply :

1. add a "Campaign is requested" trigger to your Trigger smart campaign and make sure the SC is activated
  2. Create a batch campaign. Set the filters to select all the leads you want to process from the past. In the flow, add a "request campaign" and select the trigger campaign above
  3. Schedule and run once the batch campaign. It will send all selected leads to the trigger one.

Hope this helps,

Greg

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yes, that seems like a good workaround to keep everything consistent; but

it would still be nice for this to be a built-in feature that doesn't

require multiple smart campaigns to be created/run.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Not quite exactly what you're asking for, but you can run a batch with your criteria, then swap your activity filter for the matching trigger and then activate it.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kenny,

Well, if you need to re-run a batch again, you will have to change again the trigger into a filter, then back the trigger in a filter. This takes time and is error prone.

Therefore, it's better to use a batch campaign that call the triggered one.

-Greg