'In future After' and 'In future' condition: how works in the smart list and Mytoken

Chintandoshi25
Level 2

'In future After' and 'In future' condition: how works in the smart list and Mytoken

screenshot_c.png

The StartDateTime value is like 2021-04-06 17:00:00 in Marketo.

I want to fetch the records for 6th Day.
Does is calculate with date and Time both or only for Date difference for any of the future records

How does condition work For DateTime data type custom field in the Smart list?

And if I want to add the same condition in the Velocity Script of the Mytoken to fetch the Meeting date in the email content, How can I write the script?

1 REPLY 1
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: 'In future After' and 'In future' condition: how works in the smart list and Mytoken

You've got the right idea.

This will work as intended if the person only has 1 custom object record greater than 5 days and less than 6 days. The problem is that there are 2 separate filters so if a person has 2 or more custom object records in the future, you may get unintended results

You can either flatten the data so it's available on the lead record e.g. custom field called "Next meeting date" and use this as token in an advanced wait step minus 6 days when it is filled out (triggered), OR, create a duplicate of the date field in your custom object so that you can use 2 constraints in 1 filter (credit to @Justin_Norris1 for that suggestion)