In a program, what is the difference between the "Acquisition Date" and the "Member Date"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

In a program, what is the difference between the "Acquisition Date" and the "Member Date"?

I've searched high and low through the community for a definition of these two fields.  I just want to understand what each of them mean. Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In a program, what is the difference between the "Acquisition Date" and the "Member Date"?

I believe acquisition date would be stamped at the time a particular lead is first introduced to your database.  Sort of like 'created date', but specific to a program (as per acquisition program data point).  Whereas member date would just be the date a particular lead was associated with a program, not necessarily acquired by it.
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: In a program, what is the difference between the "Acquisition Date" and the "Member Date"?

Actually, "created date", "acquisition date", and "member date" all exist in Marketo:
  • Created Date is the date the lead first entered Marketo
  • Acquisition Date is the date the lead was first attributable to a specific program - not necessarily the created date.  For example, if a lead enters Marketo via a list import and you choose no acquisition program, there will be no acquisition date
  • Member Date is the date the lead became a member of a given program.  Leads can be members of many programs.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!