Import list with predefined segmentation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Import list with predefined segmentation

Can we import the list with predefined segmentation into Marketo. If yes, how?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Import list with predefined segmentation

Not directly, no. It is a little more work, but I'd make a custom field and have segmentation key off of that, and import into that custom field when you bring in your list.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this something that Marketo is planning on building into the system? Why would we want to have to wait until data is already in our system before we add segmentation?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could add the segment and then do the import. The order doesn't particularly matter.

Just to be clear, when we talk about segments, we're really talking about using them for dynamic content, right? Otherwise, you can just handle this with Smart List filters.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I am not understanding the concept of Segmention correctly. One of the challanges we have in using Marketo to its fullest extent is that we have very distinct lines of business. We thought that by creating segmentations related to our Lines of Business, it would be easier to channel our messages (with our without dynamic content.)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another idea is that you update the segment rules to reflect the data you are going to import.

For example, if you have a Product Family of A an B, and product C just came out, update the segement rules so C is no included in the segmentation mix. When you import the data, the rules should take over and place the lead in the proper segment.

I'm not sure if this solves your need but it does provide another way of thinking about the problem