Images 'USED BY' value is incorrect

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Images 'USED BY' value is incorrect

We rely on the “used by” field of all of our assets to help us determine if it’s OK to delete an asset without it affecting any dependent assets.  We also use this information should we need to change that asset (and allow to understand which dependent assets need to be re-reviewed).  But I just noticed that the “USED BY” information always displays as “NONE” for images:

0EM50000000RaLo.jpg

This specific image is used in the “curved paper with sidebar” email template that we use for all of our real-time email alerts.  Is this issue happening within your Marketo instances?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: Images 'USED BY' value is incorrect

Hi Dan,

As per this dicussion, this feature was meant for identifying pictures(files, actually) that are used by an email or a landing page but it doesn't works that way. I observed that the status of "Used by" still remains "None" - Even if it is actually used by an Email and we may end up deleting the picture which should not have been the case! There was another discussion around this, here.

So, here's the idea for having an "Alert" or "Warning" if we are about to delete the file used by an email/landing page etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Images 'USED BY' value is incorrect

I am also running into issues where in the design studio, it says that the file isn't being used, but it is. Has there been any updates/clarification on whether the used by information is accurate for only certain file types?