Image sizes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image sizes

I'm planning on importing a variety of images into the Design Studio that I can use in emails and on landing pages.

I've heard that it's better to import them in the correct sizes rather than to be reformatting them within emails & landing pages. Is that true? If so, what is the best image size (to ensure the images display properly & the landing pages don't take too long to load)?

Thank you!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Image sizes

Hi Suzanne!

Typically you want to be concerned about image width to ensure that it can be seen all at once in a users email window. Anything below 620px in width is safe. You can use Adobe Photoshop or Fireworks to control the image size and dimensions. Do not exceed 72dpi for resolution nor 1MB for file size.

Hope that helps. Let me know what other questions you may have.

Cheers,
David
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Re: Image sizes

Hi Suzanne,

Resize the image first before you import them.  I've seen some funny images that were resized by some of my colleagues.  It looks distorted.  Also it's good to resize and optimize for the web before you import.  In terms of naming convention, make sure that there are no spaces in between the image name, otherwise you'll have a broken image link.