ICS Token Not Working

Cameron_Koziarz
Level 1

ICS Token Not Working

I created a webinar program in Marketo and the event token for an ICS file is working fine in test "registration confirmation" emails, but when someone actually registers for the event and receives the actual registration confirmation email (not the sample one), the ICS file does not work. It always shows the default text with no link -- even if you've registered. Anybody experience similar issues before or have any insight into where the breakdown may be occurring? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: ICS Token Not Working

Hi Cameron,

What webinar platform are you using?

-Greg

Cameron_Koziarz
Level 1

We are using WebEx

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

It can be that the email going out with the ICS file is sent too quickly after registration. The Marketo-Webex sync can take some time and, if the email get's out too quickly, the tokens are empty.

Try resending this email to one registered 24hours later and see whether the ICS works as expected. If not, then the problem is elsewhere (may be the content og the ICS is not right).

-Greg

Cameron_Koziarz
Level 1

Thanks Greg for your help! Unfortunately, we tried that and had no luck. I will keep looking elsewhere to identify the problem. We also opened up a support ticket, which should lead to a resolution soon I hope.