SOLVED

Re: I am getting an error when I try to synch a Marketo campaign to Gotowebinar.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting an error when I try to synch a Marketo campaign to Gotowebinar.

The error is: Error getting Events listing - API Error: ERROR -> HTTP Code = '403'

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Re: I am getting an error when I try to synch a Marketo campaign to Gotowebinar.

It'll reset it for that particular login to GoToWebinar. It's generally best practice to only use the one login ID for the one service, so in that case it'd only affect this one place. But, if you have that ID in use somewhere else, like for an individual's login ID or for the login credentials with a different integrated service, you'll need to update the logins there also.

So, short version is yes, anywhere the login is used will need to be updated for that GoToWebinar service.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

403 error is almost always a login credentials issue. Open up the LaunchPoint service and log into the account from there. Probably going to need to reset credentials, but that's almost always the way to fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mike,

When I reset credentials does it reset for all users or just me?

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

It'll reset it for that particular login to GoToWebinar. It's generally best practice to only use the one login ID for the one service, so in that case it'd only affect this one place. But, if you have that ID in use somewhere else, like for an individual's login ID or for the login credentials with a different integrated service, you'll need to update the logins there also.

So, short version is yes, anywhere the login is used will need to be updated for that GoToWebinar service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to be dense I'm a total newbie here and am learning under fire (not my favorite way).

Let's say my login for Marketo is: supergirl@acme.com

And my login for GTW is marketing@acme.com

When I re-synch, does it connect my individual Marketo login (which would mean I would have to set up all future campaigns using Marketo/gtw) to a generic gtw account?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ann,

In Marketo, the GTW credentials need to be entered in the admin -> Launchpoint. This is where you need to change them as well.

Once this is done, you can use the GTW service from your Marketo program, and you do not need to enter these GTW credentials each times you set up a new program.

-Greg

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Aah, I see what you mean. No, the GTW login is totally separate from your Marketo login. So anyone who logs into the Marketo instance would be using the same GTW integration (unless you have a 2nd/3rd/4etc service integrated that others use) Everyone's login to the Marketo instance itself is the same as it was and doesn't get reset at all. It's the integration with GTW that changes. The Marketo instance has to go talk to your GTW service and it takes a login ID for the Marketo instance to get in the door with GTW, same as if it were a regular user.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mike and Greg,

I got it working now.