SOLVED

Html email not displaying correctly in Outlook/IE

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Html email not displaying correctly in Outlook/IE

I've put together a custom template for an email (the html document is attached). The email looks exactly how I want it to in Marketo, in Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc. It also displays correctly in Outlook for Mac v15.15.

The only place it won't display correctly is in Outlook 2013 for Windows, as well as when Outlook 2013 tries to open the html version in Internet Explorer.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Again, my html is attached here. Appreciate any help I can get!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Html email not displaying correctly in Outlook/IE

Hi Brian,

Sorry for being blunt, but it's typical of template not being designed properly. Creating a template that works fine on all devices, from outlook (older versions) to the most recent ones (IOs or Androïd 5),  is extremely complex and should be done by specialized developers.

Better use tools such as Knak, Hoosh, or customize Marketo sample templates (templates.marketo.com)

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Brian,

Sorry for being blunt, but it's typical of template not being designed properly. Creating a template that works fine on all devices, from outlook (older versions) to the most recent ones (IOs or Androïd 5),  is extremely complex and should be done by specialized developers.

Better use tools such as Knak, Hoosh, or customize Marketo sample templates (templates.marketo.com)

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I agree, this is difficult to master.  You might want to consider using one of our templates from marketo.templates.com, they have been thoroughly tested