SOLVED

HOWTO: Match new lead's mail domain with account mail domain?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOWTO: Match new lead's mail domain with account mail domain?

We have created a record type in Salesforce for Named Accounts (target companies). These have an email address attached (e.g. 'info@target-company.com'). We could also add a field for mail domain (e.g. 'target-company.com'). I would like to trigger processes on when a new lead has a matching email domain (e.g. 'john.smith@target-company.com'). I would like to inform the account owner of course, but maybe even convert the lead to contact and even attch it to the account directly. But before I can think about the flow, I need to know how to trigger.

I don't like to maintain a list in every smart campaign for this. I don't even like my own idea to use centralized lists for this (http://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000J0LUAA0), because I just should be able to do it within our SF integration.

How can I solve this one?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOWTO: Match new lead's mail domain with account mail domain?

That might eve make things easier but you would definately need to mainatin that list in Marketo. Whereever your Lead Management rules are in Marketo, add a trigger rule to fast track the lead to SF.

TRIGGER: If lead becomes part of the Target Account segment 

FLOW: (You could do anything here)
- Sync to SF
- Send alert to sales
- Change status to MQL
- etc.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

For our named accounts I set up a segmentation and created segments by reps. Within these segments I would use the filters of email address contains: (and list the domains).

This way you can drag in the segmentation in the trigger or filter (maybe trigger is new lead is created and filter is segment?).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea! At least I would only have to maintain a list with domainnames in 1 place (in the segmentation criteria). And trigger on "if added to segment" notify account owner.

I will now try the figure out a way to easily maintain that list of domainnames.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diederik, agree with Kim here. You can maintain the rules as a Segment. Then use the Segment Change trigger to send alerts, etc. When you get a new Name Account, add the domain to the Named Account Segment. This method is cleanest in my opinion.

Another option if you only want to maintain in SF.......create some kind of check box rule on the Lead/Contact level that becomes true when someone is added to a Named Account. I'm not sure how your Named Accounts record type works in SF but maybe you could create some kind of workfow rule to do this (BTW, I'm not a workflow expert).  Because that checkbox lives at the Lead/Contact level, you can use that as a trigger for the segmentation.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeff, That's a good way to complete the segment. Although I was mostly looking into the pre-Salesforce part of the process. Most important to me is to instantly push a lead to Salesforce as a Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) when it is part of an existing named account, even though the lead hasn't met the MQL-criteria yet (e.g. minimum lead score). Higher management don't want a low engaging contact from a named account 'lost' in some high level nurture program in Marketo and not reaching Salesforce, whilst the lead could have an important role in the DMU.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That might eve make things easier but you would definately need to mainatin that list in Marketo. Whereever your Lead Management rules are in Marketo, add a trigger rule to fast track the lead to SF.

TRIGGER: If lead becomes part of the Target Account segment 

FLOW: (You could do anything here)
- Sync to SF
- Send alert to sales
- Change status to MQL
- etc.