How will assets be served in an Engagement Program with Availability Constraints

Gabby_Owens3
Level 2

How will assets be served in an Engagement Program with Availability Constraints

I am attempting to set-up an engagement program for our events, because it is much easier to add people to it and remove unwanted assets when cloning the program.

I have availability constraints on each email asset:

Marketo Example.png

QUESTION: How will the flow of the assets work when?:

Which assets will they receive and when?

1. Person is added to the engagement program on 12/20/18

2. Person is added to the engagement program on 1/3/19

3. Person is added to the engagement program on 1/25/19

3 REPLIES 3
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: How will assets be served in an Engagement Program with Availability Constraints

Hi Gabby,

The flow of assets will still go in top to bottom order as they would in any nurture, the only difference would be that any content set to "not available" on the scheduled cast will be skipped over.

But we can't answer your question completely (about specifically which assets would be received when based on entry date) without knowing what your engagement stream cadence is. The date on which someone enters the engagement program is less significant than the date of the first cast after they are added.

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Re: How will assets be served in an Engagement Program with Availability Constraints

Hi Gabby,

Grace is right. And to add to what she said, looking at the names of your emails in the stream (14 days away, 7 days away, 3 days away, tomorrow...), it might be challenging to use an Engagement program for this unless you keep changing the stream cadence. The Engagement Programs are designed to send on a set schedule (once per week on Wednesdays, for example), whereas it looks like you want emails to be sent on a varying set of dates relative to your event (2 weeks away, 1 week away, 3 days away, and so on). An Engagement program won't do that for you unless you keep monkeying around with the cadence - or set the cadence to daily but only make one email available at a time on the day you want it to be sent. I think this is going to cause problems and that you'd be better off using Email Blast programs with Send Email Smart Campaigns to send your emails on the correct dates relative to the events.

Denise

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I agree -- sounds more like a delayed batch trigger than an engagement program.