How to track elapsed time for decision on a trigger event

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to track elapsed time for decision on a trigger event

I have a campaign which is sending 8 emails on a timed basis (every 21 days).    Each email has at least 1 link associated with it.   However, if a lead clicks on a link, I want to accelerate the send of the next email to be sent in 3 days.    It will revert back to to the 21 day timing after that.

For example, we have emails A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H.     Email A launches at the beginning of the campaign, email B is sent 21 days later, email C is sent 21 days after email B., etc.

If emails A thru D have been sent (after 63 days have elapsed), someone clicks on email (A or B or C or D), and it is day 20 of the wait prior to sending email E, I want the click on link trigger flow step to ignore sending email E in 3 days.   Since it is only 1 day before email E is to be sent (normal flow).    After the send of email E, it will again wait 21 days before sending email F.

How can an elapsed day counter be implemented so that the trigger will ignore a 3 day wait, if the time before sending the next email in the series is less than 3 days?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Don
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to track elapsed time for decision on a trigger event

Don, I'd consider reworking this to be truly trigger based and not such a serial wait. You can have the triggers wake up and start a wait period for your three day grace period. If they take a positive action on day 1 or 19 then you can point them where you want them in the stream and when. I'd also be hesitant in thinking that there is going to be alot of post activity at 20 days in, your responses will be fairly immediate - you can guage that from your existing stats.