How to stop certain leads syncing to Salesforce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to stop certain leads syncing to Salesforce?

Hi,

I have a campaign set up in Marketo for a webinar we recently did. The campaign is set to sync with Salesforce.

However, there are some names that I don't want synced (internal folk). Initially I just deleted them from Salesforce and removed them from the Marketo campaign (changed status to 'Not in program'). However, this hasn't worked. For some reason, they're being added back into the Marketo program and then re-synced with Salesforce. I guess this might be due to the sync between Marketo and our webinar platform, but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts on how I can stop them syncing? Here are a few ways I can think of, but I don't really want to do any of them:

• I could turn off the campaign sync with Salesforce
  • I could delete the leads from Marketo

Does anyone know of any alternative options?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How to stop certain leads syncing to Salesforce?

Hi Ben,

The only possibility to do that is to:

1. activate a sync filter on leads / contacts
  2. by defaults have all your leads being checked for syncing
  3. When you need it, uncheck the "sync with Marketo" box in Marketo. there will be a last sync, and then the sync will stop.

You just need to know that, if you want to reestablish sync, it can be done on SFDC side only. And also when you reestablish the sync, you will have a very hard tim to control what field will flow and in what direction.

Read carefully these 2 articles:

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 1

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 2

-Greg