How to schedule smart list by global region?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to schedule smart list by global region?

Hi,

I am a new user and trying to figure out how to schedule the email to go out by Global region and different time zones- 

for eg. We have a campaign associated with Smart list called Global SCM Target List which contains contacts from EMEA, North & South America, Asia & Australia and Rest of the World. Now I would like to schedule the email to go out by Global region and different time zones?

Please can someone direct me on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.  
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to schedule smart list by global region?

Hi Stacy - What you do is choose the first deployment timezone. Let's say for example that we start in EMEA. If you plan on doing these tiered global deployments where everyone gets the email at 10am, regardless of where they are located. I'd setup a few smart lists to segement region. Or speaking of segments, you could use one as well. 

Then you can say, if users are member of smart list, timezone EMEA, then they get sent this email. Then wait 6 hours. Then if member of smartlist, Eastern timezone USA, then send the email. Then wait 3 hours, if member of smart list Western timezone USA, then send the email. And finally, wait 9 hours, and then send to APAC. 

Does that make sense?

Flow steps...
If XXX send email
Then wait X time
If XXX send email
Then wait X time
If XXX send email
Then wait X time
If XXX send email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stacy,

I believe this has been posted as an idea in the Community, as this feature doesn't currently exist in Marketo: http://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000HYxQAAW.

The best workaround I can think of would be to create a folder within the Program that contains four different Smart Campaigns that you can separately schedule to email your leads based on which time zone they're in. 

Would love to hear if anyone else has experienced this issue and found an elegant solution!
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do what Adam does, by creating smartlists/segments and using the same smart campaign. It works quite well and much easier to report out on than separate smart campaigns.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I do what Adam does too and it's easy to set up.