How to Retroactively Update SFDC records with Marketo Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Retroactively Update SFDC records with Marketo Data

Hi All,

We launched Marketo in June and we have been capturing "Acquisition Program" data since that point. Because that field is so valuable and interesting, just this week my organization created and mapped an "Acquisition Program" field in our Salesforce CRM.

With the new field now in our CRM, I have set up a smart campaign in Marketo to add "Acquisition Program" data from all new leads and sync it to Salesforce. However, I am stuck on how to retroactively update all the acquisition data from leads we have acquired in the past months to the new field in Salesforce.

I have a few ideas in mind, but I am cautious because I do not want to overwrite this data and make more work for myself. So....has anyone successfully done this with acquisition program or a similar scenario?

Thanks for all your help!
Taylor

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Retroactively Update SFDC records with Marketo Data

What's the exact scenario of a sample lead?

My advice would be to use the Smart List filter "Data Value Changed", specificy your date/time range and add constraints accordingly.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JT,

Exact scenario is we have 10,000 leads in marketo that have an acquistion program value. Because we just created an acquistion program field in Salesforce, I want to update those 10,000 records in Salesforce with the value that is in Marketo. My biggest hurdle right now is how do I push that update of those leads from Marketo to Salesforce.

I have a smart list created that gives me all the leads in Marketo w/ an acquistion value, but I do not know how to make that value flow into salesforce.

Thanks,
Taylor
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could either:
  • Download the data from Marketo and then upoad directly into Salesforce via Dataloader
  • Create a smart campaign with one "Update Data Value" flow action for each aquisition program, ie "If Program Aquisition is "PPC Ads", then new field value is "PPC Ads", etc, etc. Depending on how many different aquisition programs you have, this could be a decent option.