SOLVED

How to retrieve a user's marketo munchkin/cookie?

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

How to retrieve a user's marketo munchkin/cookie?

Hi,

We know how to how use the Marketo munchkin as a key to retrieve data related to the lead (e.g. email address) via api call.

However we don't know how to retrieve the Marketo munchkin when we use the email address as a key.
In other words we have a series of email addresses and we would would like to find out their related Munchins. Ist it possible? How should we proceed?

Cécile @ Talend
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to retrieve a user's marketo munchkin/cookie?

This is not possible today.  Only fields that can be placed on a form are available through the SOAP API.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not possible today.  Only fields that can be placed on a form are available through the SOAP API.
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

@ Raj Rajamani : I have an additional question. If I create a custom field, can I populate it with the user Munchkin?
If yes, would it then be possible to retrieve munchkin code if I have the lead's email? As the new custom field can be placed on a form...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cecile There are multiple munchkin tokens generated per lead and we do not support retrieving them by lead in the SOAP API or from any other workflow AFAIK.

That said. Can you describe what you are trying to do? May be somebody here could suggest an alternate way to achieve the same thing.
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

@ DJ : one one of my colleagues outside marketing is running some stats on some of our users. The "issue" is that he is using Marketo cookies as a key to link bulk of data together. He has a bunch of leads with email addresses but w/o cookies and he would like to populate this field. Should we consider doing a tagging campaign on this audience then? Users just have to click on a marketo link to be cookied?