how to restrict update of contact first Name and Last Name from salesforce to marketo and vice versa

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to restrict update of contact first Name and Last Name from salesforce to marketo and vice versa

How to Stop Updating the Sync(Marketo to SFDC and vice-versa) on the First Name, Last Name and Account(Company) on Contact Object .

As far as I understand from the Marketo Documents that Sync for Contact object is automated for some Specific fields on contact

I have followed the Below approach :

Restrict the permissions on Integration user for Marketo To SFDC

1. I have provided read access and Edit access on contact.
  2. I have unchecked the field level permissions on FirstName and LastName for Contact Object.
3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: how to restrict update of contact first Name and Last Name from salesforce to marketo and vice versa

Hi Vikas,

This the right way to go.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how to restrict update of contact first Name and Last Name from salesforce to marketo and vice versa

Hi Michel,

I tried the same way to do so but the First Name and the Last Name are not being block for Contact Update . I am only able to to block the Account Field on Contact that was synced one way from SFDC to Marketo.

Also I tried this approach for City Field on Conatact i am able to Block Sync for that , But the same is not helping for  First Name and the Last Name on Contact , Any Clue Please Update ???

Thanks in Advance

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Vikas,

Look into it again. If SFDC forbids update to contact first /last name, there is absolutely no way Marketo can update it. So if this happens again, then it means it has not been configured correctly on SFDC side. It should be done at profile level in SFDC.

Michel is my last name.

-Greg