Re: How to report on completions on the same iframed form on different landing pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to report on completions on the same iframed form on different landing pages

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to report on completions of the same form that sits in an iframe on different landing pages?

I want to be able to split out the completions by the landing page.

Thanks in advance.

Bec
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to report on completions on the same iframed form on different landing pages

You can do this two ways

1. The landing page summary view will show you the # of visitors and # of form completions on that individual page, regardless of the form that is placed on it. This will be accurate only if the page(s) is brand new.

2. Another way to track would be to create smart campaigns with trigger that monitors form completiions. Make sure to use the web page constraint that will only count users who come from a specific page of your choice.

Hope that helps

-Ken
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ken,

I should have mentioned that th landing pages are not marketo ones but just pages on our site.

The forms sit inside iframes so when I try and create a smart campaigns that use the webpage constraint it doesn't pick the completions up as they it thinks all the completions come from the iframe url not the page url. I wonder if there is something particular I have to do that connects the two.

Thanks,
Bec

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bec,

You may be able to track this using URL parameters-- if each reference page has its own parameter leading to the lightbox URL and you set your form up to capture this value in a hidden field, you can break it down in that way. You may want to lock them into a static list when you capture the parameter (rather than relying on a smart list) since the paramter value can be overwritten.

Hope this helps!

Julie
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Your iframe consists of two pieces: the form and the Marketo landing page that it sits on. Is the Marketing landing page (that is embedded in the iframe), unique to each landing page it's sitting on? If it is, use that Marketo landing page when setting up the webpage constraint.

If you're using the same Marketing landing page and the same form for all of your landing pages, I don't think you'll be able to report for the different landing pages, since technically it's the same page/form combination receiving everything.

I'll use the same form for multiple landing pages, but the Marketo landing page (iframe), is always unique.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bec,

Are your non-marketo pages built with the Munchkin code? If yes, you should be able to use the webpage constraint and type the webpage URLs directly into the constraint choice window. If the code is not there, adding the code should help you in this regard.

This is a common cross-domain cookie scripting problem. Without the Munchkin code (marketo's cookie), all the visitors are going to the non-marketo page and Marketo cannot see any of these page visits until the form is completed. In a sense, this is the first time Marketo "sees" a lead action on the page. And since the form is on several different pages, it can't determine from which page the lead is coming from. Proper use of the Munchkin code across all of your pages will allow you to use the same form on multiple web pages and sort by which page was visited prior to form completion.

Good luck!

-Ken