Re: How to remove social button when embedding a youtube video?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove social button when embedding a youtube video?

I can't seem to find a way to remove the sharing buttons that pop up at the bottom of the videoScreen Shot 2017-04-10 at 1.50.04 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Courtney,

Are using a Marketo video widget ?

-Greg

Debroop_Garai
Level 2

Hello Grégoire Michel​ : I was having the similar query to this thread.

The scenario is:

I am using a Marketo Video Widget but even after using class="mktoVideo" element i was getting an error when i tried sharing the video from the approved landing page through the native social share icons which comes along with the video widget (I did configure the social icons and messages, etc while i created the asset in marketing activities tab). When i reported this error to Marketo support team they suggested 2 things.

1. To use elements for video widget (which was already there)

2. To use social button widget to be able to share the video and also get the statistics recorded as it shows in the video asset area (represented in a funnel type)

Question 1:
If i use social button widget and a video widget there would be 2 set of social icons and video widget does not give an option to remove the social icons completely. It takes minimum one social icon by default if we try deleting the other 2. Is there a way to delete the social icons from the video widget function and use the embed function only with a social button widget?

Question 2:

If there is no way to delete the social icons, because the social sharing is giving an error while trying to share the video, what is the probable solution for this?

Question 3:

What would be your recommendation if we want to use a video in a landing page with s social sharing option that records and track the video (views, likes, shares, etc.)

Request your kind suggestion and a solution for this. Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Debroop.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Better post a new thread than reopening a 2years old. You will be more likely to get quick and numerous answers

-Greg

Debroop_Garai
Level 2

Thanks sir...i have done so. Any suggestion or help from you would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Debroop.