How to pull a list of all users who haven't interacted with an email in the last six months?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to pull a list of all users who haven't interacted with an email in the last six months?

6 REPLIES 6
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to pull a list of all users who haven't interacted with an email in the last six months?

Use inactivity filters for this: like “not clicked in any email” filter. Keep “opens” out of the equation since they‘re so unreliable. Just know that automated spam bots will probably influence these numbers.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Re: How to pull a list of all users who haven't interacted with an email in the last six months?

This'll find everyone who hasn't clicked within the last 6 months and the last 5 minutes. I'm assuming the questioner wants more depth than just haven't clicked in 6 months (but they'll have to clarify that).

It's a tough one to solve without an external timestamp in a datetime format, which gives you access to "in period before", instead of just "within".

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Nicholas, not sure what you mean by this. The filter that Dan suggested should only include people who have not clicked on a link in any email in the last 6 months. If they clicked on any link (which is why automated link checkers can throw this off) they will be excluded from the report.

To solve for the above you can also include a filter that they must have visited a webpage as well, assuming that the link in the emails goes to a tracked page.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

"should only include people who have not clicked on a link in any email in the last 6 months."

I agree, but it's also including people who haven't clicked a link in the last 5 minutes - I think the question is asking for a way to find a level of disengagement.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I see what you mean.  Maybe include another filter that states the following (building on what Dory stated below):

pastedImage_0.png

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

The only thing I'd add to Dan's suggestion is to also probably include a 'was sent email' filter because otherwise you'll get people who were sent emails and didn't interact with them, but also people who were not eligible to receive emails.