How to ignore anonymous leads when getMultipleLeads with LeadKeySelector?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to ignore anonymous leads when getMultipleLeads with LeadKeySelector?

Hi all,

Now, my working is that: (based on SOAP APIs)
 1. Search Lead ids by specified activity type from ActivityRecord.(Use getLeadChanges() to get out the 'mktPersonId' values by specifying an Activity type.)
 2. Search Leads with LeadKeySelector by getMultipleLeads() batch by batch(100 ids per batch).

I find that in the results, there are not only Known Leads but also Anonymous ones.
But in my integration, only Known Leads are expected.
How could I ignore the anonymous ones? Or even just mark them out with any flag?
Any suggestions would be expected!

Thanks,
Biao
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: How to ignore anonymous leads when getMultipleLeads with LeadKeySelector?

Hey Biao,

You can expect the IsAnonymous field in your includeAttributes element for getMultipleLeads.  Any records returned with true you can ignore as anonymous.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can create a static list that excludes anonymous leads,and then query that list via the REST API:
http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/rest/get-multiple-leads-by-list-id
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kenny E,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have a try just now.
I sent includeAttributes and got SuccessGetMultipleLeads, but in the leadAttributeList of the results, I could not find the returned value for IsAnonymous field.
Is it a valid field for APIs? Or did I miss anything (e.g. is there any configure should be changed)?

Thanks,
Biao
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Murtza M,

Thank you for your suggestion. I had a try just now.
I successfully created a list of filter 'IsAnonymous = false' and got all Known Leads.
But it cause a new problem: I could not use LeadKeySelector with StaticListSelector together.

So, could you please show me any APIs which could create a new List and edit its Filters?

Thanks,
Biao