How to Filter Activities at Account Level

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Filter Activities at Account Level

We like it that Marketo can note every email it sends in Salesforce, but it's too much of a good thing.  Specifically, at the account level sorting through every "was sent email" listing for every contact is tough.  Is there a way to filter these?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Filter Activities at Account Level

Hi Peter,

You can control sync activities in your Admin panel. If you navigate to the salesforce icon in the admin panel it will give you access to the sync activities. If you find that there is too much data being written into the activities history you can limit those activities (form fills, email activity etc.). That might help with the volume of data that is rolling up into the account record.

Alternatively what you might try doing is altering the roll up in Salesforce only to show sales related activities at the account level. Right now our Marketo sync is controlled by a generic user "Admin" so we could filter out the activities that way (although it may take a bit of work on the backend). You'd lose out however on the more valuable Marketo data (ie form completes) in this scenario.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that gives me some options, but ideally we'd put all the Marketo assigned activities into their own section. Is that possible?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if that's possible. The sync is on activities so it will update the synced events into the activity history related list. I think you either have to sync them or block the sync.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Peter you can accomplish this by using the Sales Insight module with interesting moments: the sales reps would be able to specifically just look at the Marketo related activities this way and as a bonus your storage requirements in SFDC will go down.