How to ensure emails render optimally in Japan (where the font request is often Meiryo)?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

How to ensure emails render optimally in Japan (where the font request is often Meiryo)?

Our marketers in Japan are asking us to change the font - in the emails that we build for their market - to Meiryo or Meiryo UI.  This is obviously a standard font over in Japan, just like Arial and Verdana are for Western countries.  How do we go about fulfilling this request?  Does anyone have experience with this?

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How to ensure emails render optimally in Japan (where the font request is often Meiryo)?

Hi Dan,

Have you had a look to Litmus? May be they can help?

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to ensure emails render optimally in Japan (where the font request is often Meiryo)?

What I've done is simply change any font declaration within our template's CSS from "{font-family: Arial, sans-serif..." to "{font-family: Meiryo, Arial, sans-serif...".  While this will have no impact for my team in the US, i'm hoping this renders as desired for our team in Japan.  So we'll see once they come online.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Dan, that approach should work fine.