How to create Traffic cop campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create Traffic cop campaigns

Hi all Marketo Users,

I want to create nurture programs without using engagement streams. Please let me know if i can set up the campaign by using traffic cop also let me the steps to create traffic cop.

5 REPLIES 5
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: How to create Traffic cop campaigns

There are a few articles in the Community about this, but I wanted to ask why you don't want to use Engagement streams? The Traffic Cop way works, but is highly involved and requires a bit of babysitting. You'll also lose out on some useful reporting features and engagement scores.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jennifer,

I have reached the limit of using Engagement stream and i want to set up a nurture program without using engagement program so is traffic cop the best solution

Carrie_Thomas1
Level 1

I agree there are too many limitations with engagement streams.  Cadence being a big one.  Email choice based on a condition another.  What if for example you have a stream for cross sell and have multiple product lines, you could choose content priority based on variables such as size, current products, vertical, etc but if using engagement streams you can't.  you could use segmentation but then when you want to upsell the next product they wont get the email because it was already sent.  or you could have multiple streams but if you have a dozen product lines that would get complicated too.  i was looking forward to doing engagement streams finally (i'm a 10 year user of marketo) but after getting my hands dirty over the last few days and finding out 1) roadmap promises from last year's summit have not happened 2) other limitations above... I too am sticking with the old school traffic cop model.  If you have a simple process engagement streams are the way to go but if more complex you will have more power not using them.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

So basically you want to build a drip nurture campaign? Engagement programs have a lot of benefits as Jenn described, but I can see certain times you might not want to use them. Alternatively, you can use the traffic cop in conjunction with engagement programs to ensure exclusivity or timing benefits that don't natively exist within engagement programs.

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Just a thought here: using a nested program rather than an email in your engagement stream vastly opens the possibilities here (cadence being one of them).