How to confirm if email address is correct or not before submitting on a forms

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to confirm if email address is correct or not before submitting on a forms

Hi

It is familiar function on the web:
When required to fill out our personal information on the form and click the submit button and then an email will reach out to my email address. This email is sent in order to confirm whether  email address filled out on the form is really valid or not.

I want to implement this function as for a form on non-Marketo web site. Is it possible in the first place? And if so, which should I chose, I mean, creating both a landing page and a form by Marketo or only form (and embedding it on the non-Marketo website) ?

Pls advise

TAD
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to confirm if email address is correct or not before submitting on a forms

Hi Hiroshi,

If you are using a Marketo form, you can give the form embed code to your web developer and set up the following campaign in Marketo that will email a confirmation email to anyone who fills out that form.

Trigger
Fills Out Form | Form is EXAMPLE-WEB-FORM

Flow
Send Email | Email is EMAIL-CONFIRMATION

If you are using a non-Marketo form on your website and would like to send an email to anyone who submits that form, you can work with your web developer to set up API calls to sync the lead into Marketo and request a campaign with the same flow action.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to confirm if email address is correct or not before submitting on a forms

Hi Val
Thanks for your advice.
But it is likely that your proposal is the procudure AFTER sending the profile. What I wish to achieve here is to send an email to a person who clicks the send button BEFORE sending the profile and to judge the email address that was fiiled out is valid or not.
Hope it makes clear.

Tad  
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Are you trying to send a phyiscal email or trying to establish the email address provided is valid before sending a phyiscal email?

StrikeIron has a service that can make a real time ping to chack if email addresses are valid.
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Hiroshi,

My mistake, I misunderstood your question.  There isn't anything in Marketo that I know of that will confirm before submission that the email is a valid address.  There is some Javascript you can use to block leads from submitting the form with a public email domain (i.e. gmail, yahoo, hotmail), but as far as knowing if the email address will be deliverable before form submission, I don't think this is possible with Marketo. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for making you misunderstand.
I meant that I wanted to send physical email with a link. And if a receipient clicks the link on the email, then
the profile (individual information data) goes to Marketo lead database.

I think that this method is really common here in Japan in order to judge whether or not the profile filled out is real.

Tad

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a subscription center that requires email verification.
  • Once they sign up, their information enters marketo.
  • Once they click on a link in email, a smart campaign sets their "Email Verified" flag to true (it is a custom field)
  • Subscriptions can have a filter that does not send to them unless  "Email Verified" flag is set. Or, you can add/delete them to a suppression list you use.