How to build into a program the ability to hold sending an email until governance allows them to receive the email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to build into a program the ability to hold sending an email until governance allows them to receive the email?

I have nurture campaigns that I'm building in Marketo. They are only to receive the emails if they haven't received an email within the last 7 days, but after they meet that requirement they need to receive the email. How do I build this out in Marketo?

One of the restrictions that I have is that I cannot change the system governance (which is more liberal than our nurture campaigns in regards to frequency).
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to build into a program the ability to hold sending an email until governance allows them to receive the email?

Hi Anita,
In your campaigns, you could add the filter "Not Was Sent Email" in past 7 days. This would filter out all the people who have been sent an email in the past 7 days. 

Alternatively, you can purchase an add-on to enable Communication Limits (you may already have Communication Limits enabled. You can check by seeing if you have a Communciat Limits section in your Admin). With communciation limits, you can set how many emails per week and per day any lead can receive. 

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to build into a program the ability to hold sending an email until governance allows them to receive the email?

Hi Will,

If I put in the filter "Not was sent email" In past 7 days, the contacts won't get in to receive the email once they meet that criteria. I need them to wait 1 day (and continue to recycle until they get the email) and then see if they will meet the criteria and let them receive the email.

We do have communication limits, but I can't change them.

Sincerely,
Anita
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anita,
You could set up a batch campaign to run daily. In the Smart List, you can have the "Not was sent email" In past 7 days filter along with all the other filters to match your criteria. 

This will catch all leads who meet your criteria and have not been sent an email within the last seven days. If a lead has not received an email in the last 6 days but meets the criteria, they will qualify for the campaign the next day and will receive the email then.

Does that work for you?

Will