How to block a list from other campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to block a list from other campaigns

I'm having trouble keeping campaign-specific lists from being pulled into other campaigns. What's the easiest way to block contacts in a list from receiving other emails? 

The only way I can figure is to create a long list of "excluded" lists in each campaign smartlist. But then I have to keep track of any list that I have ever imported, and be sure to add them to the others with each new campaign.

I know there must be an easier way.  
What are you doing?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Re: How to block a list from other campaigns

Not an easy one for me either. I have several suppression lists.  So in my campaigns smart list, I have to do:
member of list > not in list A, not in list B, not in whatever list and so on. 
member of smart list > not in smart list A
member of smart campaign > lead not in smart campaign A
and I've also had to do member of program > lead not in program A 

Sometimes my smart list can get long. But it works for us because we're excluding people who shouldn't receive our emails.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another approach that we use is to have a field where we add the name of the current campaign that the leads is currently in.  All campaigns check this field and if it is not its name, then they ignore the lead. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Michelle, what a process, right?

Would be nice to have a list option to "exclude from all other campaigns", unless this list is specifically called upon. Maybe this exists? I'll buy a beer for whoever helps me find the equivelant 🙂

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hi Cary,

I know! Elliott do you have a snapshot of your suggestion, I'm actually curious and have not tried that, and I think that looks easier. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are a couple of screen shots of one of our nurture program's master smart campaign.  The smart list excludes the lead from entering the flow if the value in the Nurture Campaign field is another nurture campaign.  The flow action sets the value in the Nurture Campaign field to the current campaign name if the field is blank.

0EM50000000QOyR.jpg

0EM50000000QOyW.jpg
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Big thank you Elliott. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had these issues as we market multiple products to sometimes the same people but the product specific campagins were managed by different teams. Our solution was to impliment multiple lead partitions and workspaces to manage this.  It's an extensive process to set up but it does help us.