How to add Marketo landing page domain to Google Webmaster tools?

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

How to add Marketo landing page domain to Google Webmaster tools?

Hi,

I'm following up on a previous question I had regarding landing pages that were not showing up in Google search , Adam kindly suggested

You need a link between your site & the Marketo page for a search engine to find it. Or you can just submit the URL to Google Webmaster tools for it to be instantly crawled. That's under HEALTH --> Fetch as Google.

I have asked our webmaster and she said that domain name is not in the list as it's "created" by Marketo. Have you encountered same issue? How did you proceed?

Cécile @ Talend

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to add Marketo landing page domain to Google Webmaster tools?

Your webmaster needs a lesson in CNAMEs.

Yes you can but you need to manipulate things a bit.

If in your landing page templates, you have updated to the latest google tracking code and placed it in the head, set GA to load the async version in your Marketo template, then there is a new verification feature in webmaster tools. It is simple to use.

If not, go old school and
  1. Add your site and use the alternate method of verification
  2. Generate a verification file
  3. Create a minimum version of a Marketo template. Literally just a head, body and the minimum include lines and your google meta tag data. Approve the template.
  4. Create a landing page use the Google filename as provide in step 1
  5. Check with Webmaster tools

and your done

Cheers, Eric
Anonymous
Not applicable

This method doesn't work anymore cause Marketo doesn't let you approve a Template unless it's "validated" first.

Any work around?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Oriol,

You probably need to upgrade to Universal Analytics to work with Guided templates.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cecile,

Take a look at my response here: https://nation.marketo.com/message/138246#comment-138246.  There is a work around that you can do to verify the subdomain 🙂

- Matthew