How to add a Lightbox on a Marketo Landing Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add a Lightbox on a Marketo Landing Page

To save real estate on our Marketo landing pages, the thought is to offer a Call to Action link on the page that would open up the Marketo Form in a Lightbox.  The user would complete the form and upon submittal would receive a Marketo Thank You page within the lightbox.  Is this action possible to do - if yes, how do we go about it?  I've been searching the Community and Developer pages but couldn't really find my answer.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to add a Lightbox on a Marketo Landing Page

Hi Tricia, 

I'm not a developer so this workaround won't be as fancy as implementing a lightbox. But, you can use an HTML string in your initial Call to Action link to open up that link in an extra window, which will contain your form.  When the user completes the form it should redirect just the second window that was open, while leaving the original landing page as-is.

Try using the code below on your landing page by dropping an HTML block onto your page.  Then edit the bold www.marketo.com link to the URL to which you want the window to open - and also change the all caps bold text at the end to say whatever you want the actual displayed/anchor text on the page to be.  Hope this helps..

<a href="#" onClick="MyWindow=window.open('http://www.marketo.com','Window','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,width=600,height=600'); return false;">PLACE_YOUR_LINKTEXT_HERE</a>
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to add a Lightbox on a Marketo Landing Page

Thanks Nate - we can give it a try.