How to add a lead to stream 2 of an engagement program

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add a lead to stream 2 of an engagement program

I have an engagement program with two streams. The streams have identical content. The only difference is one stream is set to go out weekly on Mondays, the other stream on Thursdays.

I want to be able to put leads into one or the other stream, depending on when the lead is generated through our inbound activities. I set up a smart campaign and list to put leads straight into stream 2, but when I run it, the leads are automatically put into the engagement program, and by default are added to stream 1. I tried running a Change Engagement Stream campaign to move the test lead from stream 1 to stream 2 but it didn't work.

Does anyone have any recommendations? 

Thanks
David
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to add a lead to stream 2 of an engagement program

Did you add the flow step "Add to Engagement Program" and select the appropriate stream?  That should be all you need.  Or are these leads already member of the EP?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan, I tried that first. I had the campaign set up just like this, but the new lead was added to the program and stream 1, not stream 2. Marketo Support tried to help but I couldn't figure out how to get leads into stream 2. 

Added to List: X
Add to Engagement Program: [Program Name] Stream 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any other ideas?
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Where is the List located - within the EP?  What is the purpose of adding someone to a List?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The list is in the EP, under Local Assets. We import leads into lists manually and then use a Campaign to put them into the stream. Works fine when we have a program with 1 stream. Not working when we want to add leads straight to stream 2 in a two-stream EP.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back to the basics here as this shouldn't be causing you trouble. Do you have 2 lists and 2 different campaigns that populate the appropriate EP stream?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Back to the basics here as this shouldn't be causing you trouble. Do you have 2 lists and 2 different campaigns that populate the appropriate EP stream?