How do you track opens and clicks on text emails only

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

How do you track opens and clicks on text emails only

Does anyone have any idea how to track open emails and link clicks on the text version of the email only? The previous email application that I used to use has this capability and I was wondering if this is available in Marketo.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you track opens and clicks on text emails only

Michelle,

Did you ever get an answer on this? With the new text only emails I just sent out one and it shows 0 opens so I'm curious if we can't track this?
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hi Kim,

I don't think you can track opens for the text version.  But you might be able to track the clicks on links.  I'll see what happens when I send out just an all text version. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Michelle,
I'm looking to know if Marketo can track clicks on links in text version emails. Did you succeed?
Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to track clicks... Opens cannot be tracked in text-only as Marketo counts an open as loading the images.

Hope this helps!
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

To answer my own question after I did some testing on this today, you can't track clicks on a text version of an email.  I checked this on the campaign stats and email link performance report.  It also shows on this page, on how to set up a text version of an email that you can't track clicks stats. http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LB9bCAG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the follow-up Michelle.