SOLVED

How do you handle multiple promotions with unique field requests

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you handle multiple promotions with unique field requests

We run numerous promos, and we tend to want to publish customized forms asking questions relevant to the promotion and its fulfillment.

I'm seeing what would be an extreme proliferation of unique field requests that would be time limited in usefulness.

So, how are you handling them?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you handle multiple promotions with unique field requests

We have the same problem, Clinton: myriad forms with one-time-use custom field requirements for promotion specificity.  So I created a batch of ad-hoc 'form fields' named by data type; ff_Str1 ff_Str2 ff_Date1 ff_Bool1 etc.  I use them in whatever form I need an extra field in, and store the info just long enough to push it into an alert to the parties interested in the specific choice, then clear them in the form submit handler campaigns.
Only problem is I don't store them (can't, don't want them to possibly pre-populate from some totally different ad-hoc usage) so if the info needs to live, it's up to the interested parties to track it from the alert wherever they need to.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

You may want to vote for this idea: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000HfmtAAC

It suggests the ability to create fields on a Program level. It refers to this as "Campaign Membership fields", which is how it's called in Salesforce. However, it would also apply if you're not using Salesforce.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - and I did - and I encourage everyone to as well, but it looks like it has been aging awhile... so how are others accomplishing this now?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same problem, Clinton: myriad forms with one-time-use custom field requirements for promotion specificity.  So I created a batch of ad-hoc 'form fields' named by data type; ff_Str1 ff_Str2 ff_Date1 ff_Bool1 etc.  I use them in whatever form I need an extra field in, and store the info just long enough to push it into an alert to the parties interested in the specific choice, then clear them in the form submit handler campaigns.
Only problem is I don't store them (can't, don't want them to possibly pre-populate from some totally different ad-hoc usage) so if the info needs to live, it's up to the interested parties to track it from the alert wherever they need to.